Wednesday, May 9, 2012

An Inspiring Runner.

"Claire Lomas, a bionic British woman finishes marathon after 16 days."


I heard this on the radio today. I asked my parents what does "bionic" mean. They answered me with 'having artificial body parts'. So, I guess I understood what it means.. A paralysed woman finished a marathon after 16 days of 'running' or maybe 'walking'. I wondered: HOW did she make it? So, I web searched her. And this is what I've got:

NAME: Claire Lomas
AGE: 32
PHYSICAL PROBLEM: Left paralysed from the chest down
MARATHON DISTANCE: 42.2KM
TIME TAKEN TO FINISH THE RACE: 16 days

Claire Lomas celebrating after the marathon.

She completed her 42.2 kilometre course in her bionic ReWalk suit. And when she has finished her marathon, hundreds of people lined the streets and members of Household Cavalry gave her a guard of honour on The Mall in central London.

Claire said something that's sooo inspiring that I have to quote it:
"I just took each day as it came and every step got me a step closer." - Claire Lomas
I'm just wondering, how did she have the patience & determination to finish the 42.2KM marathon. I think it's probably the hardest task for me, an un-bionic person. And, yeah, I think life is just the same as what Claire says.

And here's a video of Claire finishing the marathon, crying with his husband & her adorable little children:

Clair crying with joy.

Whenever we take a step, we get closer to our target. And that's how life works. If Claire can make it, why can't you? Just asking.

No comments:

Post a Comment