Sunday, February 17, 2013

Red Nose Day & A New Discovery

Right now, I'm not feeling sad at all, I'm feeling good, I just did a little charity work without actually stepping out of my house. I am feeling GREAT at the moment. This is how you can help people if you are a lazy bum who only likes to stay at home and eat all the food in your fridge.
Red Nose Day 2013 will be held on March 15. It is, in the easiest words, a fundraising event organized by a British organization called Comic Relief. I have heard of this event before, but I was a little bit too young to know what was its main purpose as I was distracted by the hilarious red nose on everyone's face. Now that I have done a little research, Red Nose Day 2011's theme was "Do Something Funny for Money" and a quote "Being silly for a serious cause" was used, which is pretty refreshing for me, because most of the fundraising events are depressing as hell, while this, is a really fun and interesting event.

To donate, you can visit Red Nose Day's website doesn't matter which part of the world you're from, as long as you have a device, an average internet connection and a card. Ask your parents if you are too young to own a card! You can also visit this page called What We Do to know more about what they do with your money, (very important) and show it to your parents to convince them that this is a MASSIVE event, NOT a fake, money-stealing website. Also, if you are curious about how much you should donate, you can watch this video, if you are expecting the minimum sacrifices (whether you like One Direction or not).


Well, for me, I donated 5 sterling pounds after watching this video, which, after converting to my country's currency, is about 24 Ringgit (7.76 USD). 

Or what you can do is, purchase the song "One Way Or Another" on your own iTunes. I'm not a "Directioner" but I do quite like that song and the money goes to charity anyway, so I did buy that song too.

Not too much to ask for, huh? So, that's it about Red Nose Day, I will be watching the live telethon on March 15. I do believe that not many people/strangers read this blog very often, but if you are not a friend of mine, yet are reading this, I really do hope that you could do something for the less fortunates. It is not about being able to show people how big your heart is, it's about the feeling you get after you have done goods for today. A LITTLE money saves a LARGE amount of people.


Here's a promo picture of Mr. Bean (with Teddy) for the Red Nose Day 2007.
(Made my whole day)



Well, about the "A New Discovery" thing, it is about this website called RookieIt's like, cookie, except it's rookie. I am honestly proud of myself for being able to find out about this website, even though I do know of some other teen websites, but I was never a fan of any of those, except for this one. This one is more of a teen website for teens who admire stuff from old times, like old songs, old artists, old bands, old records, old books, old movies. Those are totally my thing.

Their theme this month is "Passion", which covers about everything. I first saw this story about a Cardinal which got me hooked up to this website. It is a website filled with hipsters, though I do not label myself as those little freaks, I do enjoy a lot of the stuff on the website. It covers TV shows, movies, books, music, stories, diary entries, pictures of life, hilarious sources etc.

This post posted on Valentine's Day entitled "Fear Of Missing Cool" labelled under "fun" got me banging my hands on my poor computer desk and my stomach was practically in pain after too much laughter.

Also, this impressive music post about one of my favourite blues bands, Fleetwood MacWell, the truth is, I do not know of many blue bands, thus causing me to be a fan of Fleetwood Mac's music. 

As you can see, I am highlighting links in RED to honour Red Nose Day. That's about it. I am currently obsessed with vinyl records and vinyl players, but I haven't gotten one (due to the cost) yet I might be able to play with it in a few hours, so, goodbye, I shall prepare myself for this historical moment. See you!

No comments:

Post a Comment