Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Silver Linings Playbook

Watched this movie yesterday, that's why I slept at 11.30PM, and had to wake up at 5:50AM. This day has been so tiring but it was so worth it. This movie is so worth watching. I just love it so much. Let me tell you more about it. No ending spoilers. Don't worry.

Just a kind reminder: If you're a young person like me, better watch it alone. Try not to watch it with your parents. Just a short reminder anyway :)


First of all, thumbs up to the screenwriters and directors and the behind-the-scenes peeps, for being able to convert the novel's story to the big screen, and not making it look like crap. The story itself is great, points to Matthew Quick for creating this story. The story basically revolves around Pat (Bradley Cooper), a divorced male (as he discovered that his wife cheated on him with a teacher). Pat just got released from the mental hospital after eight months of medications and counselling for the horrible heartbreak he experienced after the divorce. Then, he met Ronnie, a friend, and had dinner with Ronnie, Ronnie's wife and also Ronnie's sister-in-law, Tiffany (Jennifer Lawrence). Pat recognized that Tiffany's husband died in an accident, and is a (cough) recovering sex addict (cough) Both being mentally and emotionally unstable, realized that the both of them like each other very much, calling each other as their silver linings.

Bradley Cooper
Second of all, thumbs up to Jennifer Lawrence & Bradley Cooper. The first 20 minutes was a really monotone introduction if you ask me. Honestly. Then, Tiffany was introduced, and the whole movie has suddenly become so interesting. Bradley Cooper is good too. I have never really checked out his movies, but I heard he was not that great, but in this movie, he did well. The role of Pat was very well played by Bradley, with all the screaming and yelling and anger and stuff, I liked it. 

Jennifer Lawrence
Jennifer Lawrence. Holy crap. I just had to say that. She is so good. So good. I mean, she is getting more and more attention after the Academy Award win for the role in this film, I definitely approve of her success even though I am a nobody. She is a great actress. She is actually better than Bradley in portraying a crazy person. She just yells so naturally and she makes me feel like she is really a mad person, and that is a great performance. You would understand if you watched the movie. I am quite glad that she won an award as Tiffany, not as Katniss Everdeen. Everyone is, all of a sudden, obsessed with Jennifer. I am one of them too, so, I cannot say anything. She is just a really, really great actress and a great person, too.

I cannot wait to see more Bradnifer collaborations. I hope there will be more of their collaborations, of course.


Probably my new favourite romantic-comedy. It is not cliche, which is, so awesome. It is funny because of the way they are. They are emotional and they just yell all the time. It is always very chaotic in the house when someone starts getting mad. And it is about two people facing huge problems at the same time, and understanding each other because they know each other better than normal people know about them. This movie made me feel so normal. I feel so normal compared to the people who are facing reality problems. This story is kind of like Shrek. Both of them are imperfect, but they helped each other through an odd friendship, and slowly became a relationship. That was how they realized that they love each other. Through helping the other who understands you. She is his silver lining. He is her silver lining.  I love the concept of it. So amazing.

Favorite scenes:

Rude.
Littering
Emotions, my friend. Emotions.
"I’m pretty sure it was my dancing that put us in the Comedy category." - Jennifer Lawrence
Honestly, go watch this film. I was never a giant fan of romantic films, but this one is absolutely brilliant and fun. Go watch it, you will not regret it.

Rating: 8.5/10 for this movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment