Monday, August 20, 2012

A Letter To The Future Me.

Dear 25-year-old Candy,

Hello there! How are you? I hope you're doing fine. I don't know how's the world in 2023. Technologies must have taken over the world, that's for sure. I hope you don't get too fat! I'm sorry but I just couldn't control my appetite. I love food too much I could marry food. So, well, this is a normal letter. Just a normal letter from the 14-year-old you. I'm writing this to you because I know by the age of 25, you are not going to be having as much fun as I do right now. It's really fun to be young and free. No worries about house rents, taxes and family. If you're feeling as free as me, then congratulations, your life is amazing; but if you're feeling really stressed out, then you'll have to read this letter, and smile, because your life was really amazing, and the magic will continue after you finish reading this.

Well, you were a movie lover, and the Toy Story trilogy was your favourite movie. Are you still obsessed with Toy Story? I mean, you adored that movie so much, you watch them once a week when you were around 7. You like to quote from the movie too! Woody is your favourite animated character, do you remember? He was a leader of the toys, and you adored him for his amazing leadership. And, don't forget, you also enjoyed the epic quote from Buzz Lightyear, "To infinity and beyond!" 

By the way, have you started travelling? I've been living for 14 years and I haven't been to any foreign countries. And, talking about travelling, I think you still remember that your dream city is Nashville. Haha. Well, Nashville is not exactly a city, but well, you liked Nashville for the peaceful feeling it gives and the heart-warming people living in around there. Of course, you also want to visit Paris, the romantic city and London. I don't remember why, but you seem to like the Great Britain a lot!

You also loved music. I hope you still do. Music has changed your life. Remember? Before you got into music, you were just a nerd, who always gets #1 in class. After that, your studying slacked, but because of music, your life has become so beautiful and you changed a lot since then. You don't have a favourite song, nor a favourite musician, but you loved Taylor Swift to death. You liked her for not just her songs, but also her. You liked indie music, for example, Joe Brooks. Ed Sheeran used to be an indie artist, but you liked his musical style a lot too. You also loved Adam Young, not just for Owl City, but also for Sky Sailing, Port Blue and Ambient Blue. You liked acoustic songs a lot, and folk songs too. I hope you haven't started listening to K-Pop. You were the only person in school that did not like K-Pop.

You like to take photos and post them on Instagram. Even though you realize that it's annoying to post photos every day, you just couldn't resist. You were really into photography and cinematography. Basically, you take photos every day, often using your iPhone instead of your DSLR. You only use DSLR when you weren't with your friends because you know that they will break your DSLR into pieces. You really like to take pictures of your friends when they weren't paying attention and you also like to take pictures of weird stuff and also beautiful sceneries. I hope you still do.

Now, let's talk about who you were. You were the total opposite of how a normal teenage girl behaves. They wear short skirts, you wear t-shirts. (okay, fine I admit it, I copied this line from Taylor's song) They fall in love with boys, you fall in love with food. They talk about love, you talk about fictional characters. There'll be laughter if you were there. You liked sarcasm a lot too. You think a lot. About life and about music and about food and about books... But you never talked about them in front of your friends. You write them down, either by tweeting them or by blogging them. Oh, talking about friends, you have a whole bunch of friends, but you don't have any friends that are best for you, A.K.A best friend. You find it very girl-y and...just yucky. You don't have a dream job, but you have a dream: You wanted to go to Nashville, Paris and London and to meet Taylor Swift.

You were a very happy-go-lucky person. You didn't care about what people think about you. You didn't mind if you were alone. I'm not sure how are you in 2023, but I hope you hadn't changed much. I'll always read this letter and remind myself not to change too much until people couldn't recognize me. Anything could happen in 10 years. In the past 14 years, many things have happened: Two of my favourite person passed away; I got first place in a national competition. (my greatest achievement so far); and finally, I learnt that life is amazing and if possible, I will spend most of my time doing stuff that I like.

You may or may not remain the person you used to be, but I hope you wouldn't change too much. I realized that these two years have been the best of my life so far. You changed a lot since birth, of course you did. And you've finally found out the way you want to live your life, and that is to enjoy. If you were busy finding a job right now, or you've found a job, and your life is considered stable, do not slow down. Keep your pace up and go on, enjoy your life. And by enjoy, I mean to do something, not to stop. Oh, and of course, do not get too busy until you forget to find the right person ;)




Love,

Candy

No comments:

Post a Comment