Sunday, September 2, 2012

Cancer.

This post is going to be full of sadness. I wish I could add snows to produce the sad effect. But I can't. I'll just add pictures of snows. And shadows. And darkness... Well, there's still going to be some very "inspiring" stuff in this blog. Like, 14-year-old inspiring. Sooooo inspiring. Just kidding, at this age, we're still playing with our toys. Just kidding, (again) at this age, we get hated by adults.

So, in this post, I'm going to talk about the scary and evil CANCER. (not the horoscope pffft) CANCER is my biggest weakness since two of my favorite people have left me because of it. (My second biggest weakness is watching old people eating alone in restaurant) Kinda heartbreaking.

Before I start, here's some pictures that represent sadness (as I promised):




Well, well, well. I'm writing this because I read an article by a humble, down-to-earth music critic, Brian Mansfield, who just found out that he's diagnosed with cancer. (AND, I'm not writing this to make you feel emo, because I'm not an emo person, and I don't like people being emo. I'm not emo right now, you can see it from the way I talk on my blog though) Here's the link to the article if you're looking for it: http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/story/2012-09-01/semicolon-life-taylor-swift/57449492/1

He has a playlist of songs that make him want to live, and you can find it all in the article. He even included "Give Me Love" by the brilliant Ed Sheeran, which is also one of my favorite songs. 

Cancer is the word that haunts me the most, as I said. It's a 50:50 chance to knock out cancer, and the positive 50% requires a lot of energy, money, determination and mostly, your own motif to live. Meanwhile, the other 50% requires absolutely nothing. A lot of people (including my uncle and aunt) chose to fight it. Eventually, cancer knocked them out instead. I don't even know how is that even possible. My uncle fought for about 1-2 years; while my aunt fought for 8 years. EIGHT FREAKING YEARS, I TELL YOU. The first few years were when I was still young, then the following years she went under medication, but in the year 2010, it's back. So, I can easily say that 2010 is my worst year. She fought for the whole year, and left at November 2010, my birth month.

Music. To me, music, is probably the only way to beat cancer. To me. Like, if we don't want to fight cancer in the hard way, that is to undergo treatment, we just gotta let it be, and stay positive, and see how it goes. Music is the medicine for every sickness, anyway. (I know you're probably as confused as Taylor is...)


And, by the way, if you read the article, Taylor Swift (*fairytale music playing in the background*) had a talk with Brian, and made Brian think that her songs about ex-boyfriends are just like his soundtracks to fight. Both of those are lessons in life. And, Taylor is also a girl who can't watch little children, (or adults) fighting with cancer. She hopes to motivate people to "remember somebody they lost, or inspire them to send flowers to somebody they know who's going through it."

I remember once she visited a house full of cancer patients (all-children) and sang a few songs to them, including "Beautiful" by Christina Aguilera, which made a lot of parents go teary. I feel so...('proud' sounds too corny)..erm...PLEASED, to have this girl as my idol :)

Wow. This post took me longer than I should have. And well, add this person called "Brooke's Blossoms N Buddies" they're the group of cancer patients that Taylor sang to last year. They're a bunch of beautiful children, and Blossoms, one of them, has successfully knocked out the stupid cancer in the beginning of year 2012, I think :)

Now, it's time for recommendation:


"Run To Me"

Thank goodness I subscribed KurtHugoSchneider. Now I found out this amazing song and the cool crime web series called "RUNAWAYS" Check it out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment